What's this I hear about Intelligent Recipes ?
Dishy is powered by what we call Intelligent Recipes. These differ considerably from traditional "dumb recipes", which are essentially just blocks of text. Intelligent Recipes enable Dishy to do lots of really helpful things, like making instructions simple and step-by-step, scaling quantities for different serving sizes, calculating cooking times for different weights of meat, and seamlessly converting between international unit systems.
Intelligent Recipes also solve one of the biggest headaches of cooking: getting the timings right. Countdown timers are built into the recipes wherever they are needed, and a progress indicator and expected finish time help to get all the components of a meal on the table at the right time.
95 recipes come pre-loaded with Dishy and we intend to work hard to produce lots more that will be available to purchase as bolt-on packs.
Can I add my own recipes?
Unfortunately not. Converting a "dumb recipe" into an Intelligent Recipe is a bit tricky and requires an understanding of the inner workings of Dishy's software. We think that our customers will be best served by letting us do the hard work and instead enjoying the great recipes that we have developed, tried and tested. If you have any special requests for future recipes, do drop us a line and we'll see what we can do.
Can I invest?
Touch Fantastic Ltd is a privately funded start-up and we are currently not looking to raise further finance. Nice of you to ask though!
Who is behind Dishy?
Dishy was lovingly crafted by the team at Touch Fantastic:
- James is founder, lead developer and general bossy person. He likes eating good food and cooking it for friends, but has always felt there must be an easier way. He loves technology, cars and anything outdoors.
- Sue is Dishy's in-house chef. All Dishy's recipes have been developed, tried, tested and photographed by her fair hands. She has studied, lectured and taught food science, and has run a household, cooking for a hungry and picky family for over 30 years. When she is not busy cooking, she enjoys watercolour painting and gardening.
- Mike is chief tester. Dishy's idiot-proof user-interface is largely thanks to Mike spending a lot of time trying to be an idiot with it. He is a keen fisherman and it's not unusual to find him up to his waist in a far-flung river with a fly rod.
- Amy is Dishy's creative guru. When she is not busy working as an actress, she helps out the Dishy team with her considerable talents as a word-smith, idea-mine and general creative wizard. She loves the theatre, music and spending time with her nearest and dearest.
- Katherine has just joined the team to help spread the word about Dishy in Australia. When she’s not out hunting waves to surf along the East Coast you can find her in the kitchen cooking up a storm.
- We also rely on a loyal band of testers and advisors. Dishy wouldn't be the product it is without their help and support.